Friday, January 4, 2013

Preschool Quilt

My daughter is starting at a new preschool on Monday.  The head teacher told us that we need to bring a blanket for our daughter to have during nap times.  I'm guessing that most parents pick a blanket that they already have at home, or went out and bought a blanket just for school.  Some days, I wish I was that kind of parent.

I made a modern quilt - building on my recent quilting success.   The front has 2 strips - a scrappy paper pieced hexagon strip and a scrappy pink strip.  The back is a flannel star pattern.  Have I mentioned that my daughter's name is Star?

The Top


A Peak at the Back
Close up of the scrappy hexis

The Binding

3 comments:

  1. she will love naptime with her new quilt! great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I hope it'll make the transition to her new school easier - for me!

      Delete
  2. Love the quilt!
    (I´m that kind of mum too)!

    ReplyDelete