Friday, July 5, 2013

So, What Does a Vegetarian Wheat Free Diet Look Like?

Once the horrible wheat detox week finished, being vegetarian and wheat free is actually quite easy.  One of the main things that I've noticed is that my appetite has decreased dramatically.  All these years that I've been eating wheat, it seems like it has been acting as a stimulant.  The more wheat I ate, the more I wanted and the more weight I gained.  

In these 3 weeks that I've been wheat free, I eat less.  So, the first question is what do I eat?

Breakfast.  That's easy since I didn't usually have any wheat for breakfast even in my wheat eating days (unless we went out to breakfast).  So, at home, I normally eat a smoothie or yogurt with fruit and nuts.  If we go out, which isn't often, I'll eat an egg or tofu scramble with veggies and/or cheese (hold the toast).

Lunch.  If I'm at work, I'll eat a soup, or salad, or on a fancy day, I'll have a brown rice or a quinoa bowl with veggies.  If I'm at home, I'll eat an egg scramble or some dinner leftovers.

Dinner.  I generally eat veggies and tofu in some combination.

The second question is am I losing weight?

Not yet, but I have some excuses.  First, my wight does seem to be shifting around for the better.  My tummy looks flatter; my pants are loose.  My second excuse is that I haven't been exercising.  Dealing with pneumonia, the wheat detox, the recovery from pneumonia, and now the BART strike which has doubled my usual 2 hour daily commute, I'm only now getting back to working out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment