Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I am now a certified Indoor Cycling instructor

A few posts ago, I alluded to having a specific goal for the past 15ish years which I never worked towards.  With my husband's encouragement, I worked towards that goal and I'm now a certified spinning/indoor cycling instructor.

I love it.  It's a fun, healthy hobby.  It keeps my fitness in check and lets me be a leader which I enjoy.  I also love picking the music for my classes (and I don't have to listen to another instructor's musical choices!)

I've been working at a local-to-me studio which offers indoor cycling classes.

But, I've had my eye set on a different studio.  I auditioned there a few days ago, and I thought I did a kick ass job.  But, today, I received a nice rejection email.  I'm a bit heartbroken, but I'm trying to keep it all in perspective.  I am doing some work as a spinning instructor and I'm pretty newly certified, so that's a good thing!

The other good news is that they let me know quickly, so now I get to look for other studios who may want to hire me.  I'm currently teaching about 1 class per week and my goal is to teach 2-4 classes per week.

Their loss, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment